In 2016, the United States Chamber of Commerce did a report titled “Winning With Wellness” that really makes the case for workplace wellness. According to the report’s findings, with more than a third of Americans overweight or obese, the top two health-related costs for employers had to do with depression and obesity.
Those that aren’t satisfied with their life end up being far less productive and spend more time away from work. It’s difficult for businesses to make changes to their employees’ personal lives, but you can implement workplace wellness programs on the job to drive up employee engagement at work.
Devoting time and effort to workplace wellness programs can help a company save a lot of money in the long run. But what happens when you don’t care about workplace wellness programs?
Expect to lose quality employees over time. When someone isn’t happy at their place of employment, don’t expect them to stay. When crafting your employee benefits plans, don’t discount the importance of wellness programs. Here’s how they can revitalize a struggling workforce.
The Purpose of Wellness Programs
When implemented correctly, a strong workplace wellness program gives employees incentives, tools, social support and strategies developed to adopt, improve, and maintain healthy behaviors while working. Having this type of program works for any size business; whether small or large, everyone needs to be with what they do for a living. Failing to bring happiness to your employees only ends up hurting your entire business long-term.
But what are the other perks of having this type of program? This is what H&A can offer to your business.
Workplace Wellness Program Perks
Taking care of your employees makes perfect sense, and doing it well is only beneficial to your entire business. Here are some key benefits that you can expect from your workplace wellness program:
- Encouraging healthy lifestyles leads to healthier risks and less chronic disease.
- Reducing elevated health risks ultimately means that there are fewer chances of major health problems happening. This includes high blood pressure, heart attack, high blood cholesterol, and high blood sugar.
- Lowering healthcare costs ultimately lowers costs for the business by at least $3.27.
- Work productivity between all employees was increased and work absentee rates dropped.
- Employee recruitment and retention rose, creating the best workforce possible. When there’s a rich benefits package, everyone is happy and the best employees end up staying.
- Employee morale will remain at an all-time high. It’s a good way to retain respect amongst the workplace. Always put employee benefits first. Your company will reap the benefits later. It draws on trust and invested interest in the wellbeing of who helps run your business.
Wellness Programs with Haughn
With the help of H&A, you can offer multiple different wellness programs, depending on your business’s needs. Here’s what you can offer in order to get everyone to stay healthy and live healthily:
- Disease management
- Case management
- Health coaching
- Health education programs
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Nutrition and fitness
About Haughn & Associates
Founded by Michael Haughn in 1986, Haughn & Associates is a full-service, family-owned, independent insurance agency based out of Dublin, Ohio. H&A strives to provide the best possible price and unique insurance solutions across a myriad of industries, including construction, IT, Habitation & Commercial Property, Agriculture, and Engineering. Devoted to providing the best of business insurance, life and disability insurance, personal insurance, employee benefits, and bonds, H&A is proof that success lies in long-standing client relations and satisfaction. To learn more about how H&A can be of service to you, contact us at (877) 802-2278.