Working From Home: Do You Need Insurance?

If you work from home, then mixed use commercial property insurance could come in handy. Don’t think that because you don’t have an office, that you can go without it. There’s plenty of situations that can happen that will require it, especially if it’s something out of your control.

According to the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, 60 percent of home-based businesses lack proper coverage. Insurance has your back when you fall backwards. As an entrepreneur, you’re busy. Don’t waste more time on whether you need business insurance or figuring that you’ll be fine; contact an agent today and find out more about what you need for your work-from-home business.

Do I Really Need Insurance?

This is a simple answer: yes. Any business can have something happen to them, and its important to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Since you’re working from home, you’re putting your home at risk by not being insured. It’s necessary to separate the business from your home, according to the Washington Post, as you don’t want missteps in your work to lead to troubles with your home. You need the right types of commercial insurance to ensure that no one will come after your house down the line. You don’t want your home to be in the line of fire in the event of a lawsuit. That’s why you should contact an agent about mixed use commercial property insurance as soon as possible.

What Types Do I Need?

It’s crucial to contact an agent because each business has different needs. An agent can ask you questions and then fit some matches based on what you told them. But to begin the list, you’re going to need business general liability insurance. This small coverage offers you protection in the event of bodily injury, property damage and personal injury in advertising. Basically, this is the building block for the insurance coverages you’re going to need as a home-based business.

Other Coverages

Another type of coverage you’re going to need is a commercial property policy. This basically insures the equipment you have at home that you’re using for work. If you have small equipment, such as a laptop or computer, then your homeowners policy is supposed to cover it. If you have big, fancy equipment, then you’re going to need a commercial property policy in the long run.

About Haughn & Associates

Founded by Michael Haughn in 1986, Haughn & Associates is a full-service, family-owned, independent insurance agency based out of Dublin, Ohio. H&A strives to provide the best possible price and unique insurance solutions across a myriad of industries, including construction, IT, Habitation & Commercial Property, Agriculture, and Engineering. Devoted to providing the best of business insurance, life and disability insurance, personal insurance, employee benefits, and bonds, H&A is proof that success lies in long-standing client relations and satisfaction. To learn more about how H&A can be of service to you, contact us at (877) 802-2278.